Privacy Statement Carver Europe B.V.
We, Carver Europe B.V. , established at Celsiusweg 26 in Leeuwarden, listed in the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce under number: 73949892 will process your personal data in accordance with privacy laws and regulations, including Regulation (EU) 2017/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation, “GDPR”).
In this Privacy Statement, we inform you about the personal data we process, the processing operations we carry out and your rights as a data subject. In addition, we want to inform you about the cookies we place on the www.carver.earth. This Privacy Statement was drawn up on 30 March 2018 and can and will be changed by Carver if necessary.
Processing of personal data, purposes and basis
Personal Data are data that can be traced back to a data subject, in this case you as a customer.
- We process the following personal data about you: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, IP-address, bank account number.
- The processing we carry out with this data has different purposes: communication with you as a customer about orders, deliveries, offers, the performance of a contract (such as: order, contact with the supplier, delivery of the product, carrying out repair work, sending digital messages about the development of the Carver and other marketing messages).
- These processing operations will at all times have a legal basis, such as your consent, necessary in the context of the performance of a contract (or pre-contractual measures) to which you are a party, necessary in order to comply with our statutory (retention) obligation, or necessary in order to protect our legitimate (business) interests, which we will always weigh against your right to privacy.
Provision to third parties and processors
- We provide personal data to third parties if this is necessary for the aforementioned purposes, namely to be able to deliver the product via a logistics company, to insure the product via the insurance service provider (being: Kingpolis BV), to take care of the payment via the payment service provider (being: Mollie B.V.), to provide for the hosting via the hosting provider of the website www.carver.earth (being: Kinsta Inc.).) and to offer vehicle maintenance and repair works via the service partner (being: James Autoservice B.V), to offer lease via our partners (being: Bourguignon Lease, Friesland Lease and lease-deal.com) and our CRM software provider (being: ZOHO Group).
- At the moment that you wish to become a lease customer, we will provide your data to Economic Data Resources B.V. (DAS Bedrijfsinformatie). DAS Bedrijfsinformatie will use this data to provide an opinion on the creditworthiness of the company and any negative comments regarding the company’s management/management. DAS Bedrijfsinformatie uses this data to research the creditworthiness and contact details of you and your company. If you wish to object or require information about the use of your personal data by DAS Business Information, please see: https://www.edrcreditservices.nl/privacy-statement/
- Your data will not be provided to third parties other than our processors without your prior consent. Insofar as necessary, processing agreements will be concluded with third parties who carry out certain processing operations for us.
Security and retention policy
- Your personal data is appropriately protected against unlawful processing and breaches.
- We retain personal data for as long as this is necessary for the purpose for which the data was collected. We may retain personal data after the purpose of processing has been achieved for archiving and/or statistical purposes, in which context we will limit the amount of personal data to be retained.
- As a data subject, you have the right to request inspection of your personal data. You also have the right to request the rectification or deletion of personal data, as well as the right to restrict the processing in question, the right to object to the processing and the right to data portability.
- If we process (part of) your personal data on the basis of your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Such withdrawal will not detract from the lawfulness of processing on the basis of consent given prior to the withdrawal. In Carver’s communications of developments and messages with offers or other marketing purposes, you always have the option of unsubscribing from receiving those messages. We will process this as soon as possible.
- You can submit requests to us by using the contact details included at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. We will handle this request within four weeks. If you are of the opinion that your rights with regard to data processing have been violated, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Personal Data Authority.
Websites use convenient and useful techniques that increase the usability and make the site as interesting as possible for any visitor. Well-known examples of such techniques are cookies and scripts (hereinafter jointly referred to as “cookies”). Cookies can be used by website owners or third parties
– for example, advertisers – who communicate via the website you are visiting. www.carver.earth By using cookies, carver.earth ensures, among other things, that when you visit our site you do not repeatedly receive or need to enter the same information. We make it easier for you to browse our website by using cookies. For the sake of clarity, we note that functional cookies (see below for more details) will always be placed, regardless of the choice that is made. These cookies can be placed without consent.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer when you visit a website. Information is stored in this text file. This information can be read out by the website in the event of a later visit. Some of these cookies are necessary because otherwise the site may not function properly. Other cookies are used to increase the usability of the site for visitors. For example, for safely remembering your user name and preferences. As a result, you no longer have to fill in this information every time you visit.
What types of cookies does Carver use?
The cookies used by Carver can be divided into different categories, as explained below.
This category of cookies is required to ensure that the website functions properly. These cookies ensure, for example, that information is taken from one page to the next. This way you don’t have to fill in the same information every time. These cookies also ensure that certain preferences you have indicated for the use of Carver’s website are remembered when the website is used in the future. Your prior consent is not required for the use of these cookies.
These cookies are necessary in order to ensure that our website permanently meets the wishes of our users as closely as possible by determining anonymously how users use our websites. Due to the limited impact of these cookies on your privacy, no consent is required for the use of these cookies. These analytical cookies also include cookies that are placed and read out by third parties for the benefit of Carver, such as Google analytics and Amplitude.
Social Media cookies
In order to be able to easily share the content of our websites with others by means of buttons, we use social media cookies from the social media parties, so that different social media parties can recognize you. For the cookies the social media parties place when clicking on the buttons and the data that can be collected with them, we refer to the statement of these different parties. Your prior consent is required for the use of these cookies.
Carver uses the following social media channels:
Tracking cookies are used to collect information about your browsing behaviour on our website so that we can analyse our website and continue to improve it. Your prior consent is required for the use of these cookies.
Due to the operation of the Internet, Carver is not always able to control which cookies are placed by third parties via our website. An example of how this can happen is if website content stored with other parties is shown on our website. Should this be the case, we very much appreciate it if you let us know.
If you have any questions or complaints about the way in which we handle personal data, you can contact us:
Carver Europe B.V.
8912 AN Leeuwarden